Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average property management fee in Texas?
Is Fort Worth a good city to buy a rental home?
How much do agents charge to lease a property?
In general, agents charge a commission, usually a percentage of the total rental amount, for finding a tenant and negotiating the lease agreement. The commission can range from 50% to 100% of the monthly rental amount, but it can vary depending on the market and the specific services provided.
Trend Property and Management charges 50% of one month’s rent as a leasing commission. This fee is collected from the tenants rent payment, so it is not an out or pocket or up front fee.
It’s important to note that the fees charged by agents are negotiable, and landlords should shop around and compare fees from different agents before making a decision.
What is required to be a property manager in Texas?
In Texas, property managers are required to hold a real estate broker license issued by the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) in order to legally manage residential or commercial properties. The process of obtaining a real estate broker license involves meeting certain education and experience requirements, passing a background check, and passing a state exam. Anyone managing property for another or for a fee without a broker’s license is in violation of TREC policies.
Here are the general steps to become a licensed property manager in Texas:
- Meet the education requirements: You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent, and complete 180 hours of pre-licensing education approved by TREC.
- Gain the required experience: You must have at least four years of experience as a licensed sales agent or broker during the five years preceding your application.
- Complete a criminal background check: TREC requires all applicants to undergo a fingerprint-based criminal background check.
- Pass the state licensing exam: Once you have met the education and experience requirements and passed the background check, you can apply to take the state licensing exam.
- Apply for a broker license: After passing the exam, you can apply for a broker license from TREC.
- Register with the Texas Real Estate Commission: You will need to register with TREC as a licensed property manager and provide proof of insurance.
- Keep your license active: To maintain your license, you will need to complete continuing education requirements every two years.
There are additional requirements and regulations for property managers in Texas, such as adhering to the Texas Property Code and the Fair Housing Act. Additionally, there are many local ordinances or regulations that property managers must comply with.
Consumers can look up the current status of any Real Estate Broker in the state of Texas by using the TREC website. Here is a link to the site:
Ask Your Question
What People Are Saying About Us
Want to Learn More?
If you’d like to learn more about our properties and what it’s like to work with Trend Property & Management, get in touch. We’d be happy to talk more about our rental properties, our application requirements, and our leasing process.
PO Box 1061, Keller, TX 76244